Wednesday, September 03, 2008

UTEE & Perfect Pearls card

This is a card I made recently trying out some new techniques. I used Ultra Thick Embossing Enamel (UTEE) and Perfect Pearls with the stamped flower image, and used a Cuttlebug Embossing Boarder and skittles on the edge. I also sprayed some Glimmer Mist over the embossed image.

To make the flower image on the center of the card, I took a piece of colored cardstock, you can also ink you cardstock to make it the desired color, in this example the background cardstock is a medium blue, I coated the cardstock with versamark ink and sprinkled UTEE on it. Then carefully heat the UTEE, it takes a little longer than regular embossing powder to melt and doesn't stick very well so it blows around and is very messy. Once the UTEE starts to melt I sprinkled more UTEE on the melted parts to create a thicker layer. Then let the UTEE cool a bit, coat with versamark ink again and brush with perfect pearls of your choice, I used a blue, green and bronze on this piece. Once again heat the image and sprinkle more UTEE over the image. Once the colors have blended use a rubber stamp and stamp into the warm UTEE and leave the stamp in place until the UTEE cools. You will have a nice deep impression of your stamp. I used a pen to outline the image after it had cooled, next time I want to try inking my stamp first, possibly with Stazon Ink.

1 comment:

Enfys said...

This is stunning, I just love the colours, design - everything