Monday, July 21, 2008

Alcohol ink tutorial


The supplies you will need are
Glossy Cardstock - I used a glossy cardstock from Staples
Versamark Pad & Cute image to stamp
A couple colors of alcohol inks- in this example I used Bottle, Lettuce & Red Pepper
An alcohol ink tool and felt for it
Blending solution
A protected work surface, I like to use a sheet of freezer paper taped to my table


First stamp your image with versamark ink on your glossy cardstock I use a random pattern. The versamark resists the alcohol inks.


Next apply a few drops of each color to your applicator in stripes.


Drag the applicator across your glossy cardstock in a diagonal direction, you can really go in any direction just be sure to use the same direction all the way across your paper don't dab or smear just drag in one direction pick up the applicator and do the same thing again untill you get the coverage you desire.


If the colors are too intense you can use some blending solution on your applicator and reapply over your already inked piece.

This technique dries very quickly so your piece is ready to work with in just a few minutes. If you do get alcohol inks on your table use a bit of blending solution to remove it. Usually this will get at least most of the ink off.

3 comments:

Albert R. Gomez said...

I just love this technique and this is a great tutorial. I finally know what a Versamark pad is for (and I'll have to buy one).

I also need to find some of that gloss cardstock. Do you happen to know if that will work on photo paper?

Marcie said...

Thank you thank you. I have been wondering how to do this.

Anonymous said...

Interesting to know.