Monday, October 13, 2008

October SAC layout

This is a layout I did for the Cricut October Swap A Crop. Basically I'm scrapping someone elses pictures. This is the first time I've done a layout without the pictures LOL. Usually when I scrap I start with my pictures, mat them and apply them to the layout then work on my other elements. This time I hadn't gotten the pictures from Walgreens yet so I started with my elements first and worked backwards, at least compared to the way I usually do it. I used a variety of techniques on this layout. The flowers on the right have metal alphabet brads in the centers of them. I used alcohol inks on the brads to give them a little color. I tore the edges of a couple of the papers and used distress inks on the laughter quote. The journaling tag is a clear stamp that I stamped with black ink the cut out. I had a really cute twist tie I used as the ribon on the tag. It says "Memories Last Forever" then used a lime green fasenator staple to attach it to the tag. I used a cuttlebug tag team butterfly that I lightly sanded after embossing and then used a green chalk ink to accent the embossing.

No comments: